Senior Associate Scientist
160 Pharma Dr Morrisville, NC 27560
- Focus on Analytical testing, early phase work.
- Heavy HPLC with some dissolution, GC and Karl Fischer as well.
- Execute laboratory workplan/schedule developed with input from supervisor or senior team member
- May draft technical documents such as methods or certificates of analysis
- Performs parallel review of laboratory documentation and may become qualified to perform technical review of documents for accuracy, thoroughness and regulatory compliance
- Trains others on procedures and laboratory techniques
- Degree in chemistry: Associates degree with at least 6 years related experience, Bachelors degree with 7 years related experience or Masters degree with 4 years related experience
- Strong HPLC experience required. Must be able to conduct HPLC work very independently.
- GMP experience is required.
- Experience with Word and Excel are required.
- GC, dissolution and Karl Fischer experience is a plus, but not required.
- Maintain high quality laboratory documentation in accordance with applicable regulatory guidance and Site SOPs
- Ability to learn and retain technical information
- Proactively address work issues at both an individual level and a team level
- Develop and execute complex procedures or methods with high quality
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Mathematical and scientific reasoning ability
- Basic understanding of instrument operations and troubleshooting skills in multiple techniques
- Ability to identify aberrant/out of spec data and limited interpretation of data expected
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with internal and external customers
- Demonstrated ability to lead small team projects
- Well organized with ability to multitask
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
- Propose deviations from established procedures and methods based upon sound judgment
- May contribute material to publications and/or external presentations
- May require the use of a respirator
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.