Senior Testbed Transport/IP Engineer
Richardson, TX 75080
A Global Media Company is seeking Senior Testbed Transport Engineers to join their lab in Richardson, TX!
As a Senior Technical Engineer within Maintenance Engineering supporting Verizon’ s Intelligent Edge Network, your focus will be the Universal Transport (UT Network).
- In this role you will be responsible for ensuring operational readiness and high reliability of cutting edge networks through integration testing and use of AGILE techniques.
- You will interpret and translate client technical requirements into viable, scalable test cases.Responsible for test case execution, test result documentation and implementation process.
- In this position you will also coordinate efforts across product, engineering, network operations and services teams to design and build test beds for validating and certifying protocol conformance, performance, interoperability, and scale aspects of network designs.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders from a strategic perspective to identify and exploit emerging technologies in the Intelligent Edge Network space to improve business processes, promote the strategic use of highly scalable architectures, enable end user automation, and scale development of meaningful architectures which in turn will help deliver customer data.
- The ideal candidate will be highly versatile and equally capable of communications in front of an architecture review board or executive leadership. You should have demonstrable experience leading strategic projects with an agile mindset that leverage the application of cutting edge network technology and distributed implementation partners.
What we’ re looking for...
You’ ll need to have:
- Bachelor’ s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Strong technical experience with transport and Ethernet hardware and software.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coalesce Network Design Specifications and test requirements from Planning, Architecture, Engineering and Operations teams.
- Excellent oral communication and technical writing skills.
Even better if you have:
- Master’ s degree in a technical field.
- Ten or more years of work experience.
- Familiar with multiple vendors including Cisco, and Ciena.
- Knowledge of TDM, SONET, OTN, DWDM, CEM, and experience with EMS systems and automation.
- Ability to perform detailed lab evaluations of high speed next generation Transport equipment and support various field issues. This requires knowledge of various North American and European telecommunications standards, the capability to operate and interpret data from all kinds of tested equipment, and a detailed understanding of software and hardware functionality on many different vendor platforms.
- Experience developing the appropriate test cases for projects and working with vendors and internal groups to document and resolve hardware and software problems.
- Experience working with vendors and numerous internal organizations to implement changes and correct problems in the network. This work could be executed over the phone, with the aid of remote computers and software, or in the form of written MOPs.
- Advanced/Expert Routing and/or Networking certification or relevant experience.
- Knowledge of the following protocols: MPLS, OSPF, ISIS, BGP, Multicast, IPv4, IPv6, BFD, QoS, L3/L2 VPNs, LDP, RSVP-TE, OAM, and Ethernet.
- MPLS experience.
- Working knowledge of Ixia, Xena and Spirent test tools and protocol emulators.
- Working knowledge of SDN controllers and Network Function Virtualization (NFV).
- Knowledge with Ansible, Python and Jenkins.