Senior UI Architect
1354 E Boot Rd Chester, PA 19380
A Global Media Company is seeking a Senior UI Architect to join their team in Chester, PA!
Collaborates with business owners and technical teams to gather and analyze business requirements, design and document solutions, and facilitate and validate the delivery of high performing customer and employee facing enterprise applications. Participates in the front-end architectural vision and strategy for web and mobile applications and provides expertise on front-end challenges and best practices. Assist development teams across the domain through their UI development journey. This is a lead role and provides ample opportunity to lead by example with proof of concepts, reference implementations and supporting architectural guides in addition to presenting and evangelizing this work.
* Work with other UI architects on designing, establishing, and growing the UI platform on which applications are built and promoting platform ideas and concepts across multiple application delivery teams.
* Works closely with Product Owners, Application Architects and Technical Leads to provide guidance and participate in implementation of front-end solutions that demonstrate best in class user experiences.
* Provides strong technical leadership and expertise on delivering and influencing adoption of reusable UI components and template driven designs using web components, micro-front ends and other advanced techniques.
* Develops solutions that are well engineered, flexible, resilient, operable, maintainable, and can be delivered on schedule. Ensures a balance between tactical and strategic technology solutions.
* Actively participates in both internal and external front-end development communities, relentlessly staying up to date on new software technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
* Contributes on white papers, guides, how-tos, and other technical documentation that clearly explains architectural vision, promotes technical direction, and serves as a reference for the UI developer community.
* Works on multiple projects within an Agile/Scrum team in accordance with business priorities.
* Complies with all established procedures and policies of Comcast.
* Other functions that may be assigned.
* Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance.
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of experience in software development working on enterprise-class web applications
- 4+ years of experience in a software architecture or technical lead role
- 4+ years of experience working on front-end development
- Strong working knowledge with the following technologies / products / methodologies:
o Enterprise class, highly available and performant web and mobile applications
o Angular, React, Polymer and other front-end frameworks - multiple preferred
o UI sharing: Web Components, Micro-frontends, Control/Pattern libraries and tools
o State management: Flux, Redux, NGRX and related patterns
o Packaging and bundling technologies and library management tools
o Performance analysis and web optimization - being respectful of a users device
o UX success factors - accessibility, usability and aesthetics
o .NET and Linux based solutions that run on premises and in the cloud
o Server-side: micro-services, CDNs, data caches and stores
o DevOps principles
o Agile SDLC - Scrum preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required. Ability to promote and influence direction on how to best solve business and technical problems.
- Experience in a Cable, Telecom, or a Media company a plus
- Bachelors Degree
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 8+ years of relevant experience
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.