1800 Arch St Philadelphia, PA 19103
A Global Media Company is seeking a Software/DevOps Engineer to join their team in Philadelphia, PA!
Job Title: Software/DevOps Engineer
machineQ is an IoT network service and platform that uses Low Power Wide Area Network (LPWAN) technology based on the globally-adopted LoRaWAN protocol to build and deploy solutions for businesses and municipal organizations. Were developing innovative solutions that have the potential to help better monitor public infrastructure, enable predictive maintenance on consumer appliances, and increase the safety and security of cities. Interest in machineQ has come from organizations spanning a wide range of industries, like Healthcare, Public Utilities, Automotive, and Consumer Electronics.
machineQ develops technical solutions for unsolved problems at massive scale - think tens of millions of customers around the country and hundreds of millions of devices. You will be embedded in a technical team working alongside a technical mentor to pair your technical skills and hard work to integrate and deploy the next generation of Internet technologies.
Engineers who join the machineQ engineering team will work on the design and development of the infrastructure, applications, and tools required to support and scale a global IoT infrastructure. Software and DevOps tasks will range from in depth use and understanding of machineQs core platform and applications including familiarization with enterprise grade IoT technologies and solutions based on LoRAWAN. Further, DevOps candidates will support the continuous integration and deployment of machineQ software releases using open-source and internally developed automation. Additionally, candidates will be responsible for the maintenance and development of automated monitoring and tooling required for day to day operations of the machineQ infrastructure across multiple public cloud platforms.
* Strong leadership skills required.
* Strong organizational and technical skills.
* Ability to adapt to changing product requirements and manage deadlines.
* Designs and develops scripts, applications, and automation required for large scale infrastructure management, automation, and monitoring.
* Support incident management for operational issues including availability for support after hours.
* Identify opportunities for system enhancements that will deliver enhanced functionality and/or simplify system administration.
* Work closely with BA/QA team members to ensure that issues are properly identified, fixed, and tested.
* Comfortable giving demonstrations of technical products and systems.
* Willingness to travel (up to 10% of time).
* Experience with Git or other source code repository.
* Experience with CI/CD systems.
* Proficiency in at least one interpreted language (Python, Ruby, etc.).
* Experience and proficiency with Linux.
* Experience with public cloud technologies and automated deployment mechanisms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Azure, Google App Engine, Linode).
* Ability to work in a collaborative environment and coach other team members on coding practices, design principles, and implementation patterns.
* Experience with distributed, large-scale back-end design and implementation.
* Competent with IPv4 and IPv6 networking.
* Experience with consuming APIs.
* Experience with PostgreSQL.
* Experience with common message brokers or data structure store (redis, mqtt, amqp).
* Experience with Kubernetes.
* Embedded system programming skills.
* Experience with at least one compiled language (Golang strongly preferred).
* Experience in database design and optimization.
* Familiarity with prototype development boards, GPIO, SPI interfaces.
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.