1800 Arch St Philadelphia, PA 19103
A Global Media Company is seeking a Software Engineer to join their team in Philadelphia, PA!
Sr Engineering Contractor - Software Dev & Engineering
Digital Home – Activation Team
This company brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’ s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. We are looking for motivated candidates.
Responsible for planning and designing new software and microservices.
Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new applications.
Oversees the documentation of all development activity.
Trains non-technical personnel. Assists with tracking performance metrics.
Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities.
Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment.
May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Develops software update process for existing applications. Assists in the roll-out of
- Trains junior Software Development Developers on internally developed software applications.
- Oversees the researching, writing, and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals, and formal recommendations and reports.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior level Software Development Developers.
- Assists in tracking and evaluating performance metrics. Ensures team delivers software on time, to specification, and within budget.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, and skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays expertise in process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Please note these are the top technical skills that the ideal candidate MUST have. General knowledge of basic office software such as MS Office Suite as well as good communications skills are a must. Be exposed to all aspects of development life, including (but not limited to) design, coding, project-lead, code review, dev-ops, QA, and automation.
• At least +8 years’ experience writing Java/J2EE code and integration skills
• Experience with highly scalable client-server applications and distributed web service development (must have hands-on experience with RESTful web services).
• Critical thinker resulting in expert trouble shooting skills with an in-depth knowledge of debugging and logging tools in a multi-threaded environment.
• Proven history of delivering complex technology solutions to meet business goals
• Experience with Java Frameworks like Spring, Spring Boot and Java libraries
• Experiences building microservices in docker containers
• Demonstrated expertise in successful large project/build management and execution
• Experience with various development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, Iterative, etc.)
• Knowledge of DevOps tools and solutions (Gradle, Maven, Ant, Junit, JQuery, AngularJS.)
• Knowledge with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Concourse
• Knowledge of Amazon AWS resources
• Exceptional interpersonal communication skills: verbal, written, listening, including customer relationships
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.