Sr. Maintenance Technician
6701 Kaiser Dr Fremont, CA 94555
Sr. Maintenance Technician
Provides technical support, assistance in coordinating maintenance work activities, and follows established priorities to ensure maintenance needs are met. Ability to trouble shoot across most site mechanical technologies. Resolves issues and improves operations by making necessary logic changes, recommending and executing equipment upgrades and assists in developing new processes and procedures. Also performs maintenance and associated corrective actions on production, facility, and utility equipment.
Assists Master Technician in support of scheduling daily work and coordinating activities with other departments as needed.
1. Performs maintenance on site equipment and systems according to detailed work instructions, including some unique and highly complex assets. Records results in Enterprise Asset Management System. Identifies out-of-scope conditions and perform corrective actions. Communicates results as required by SOP and lead identification of root cause and remediation of failures.
2. Maintains equipment by providing troubleshooting to ensure equipment performance is reliable and meets expectations. This not only includes adjusting, repairing, and replacing components on mechanical equipment and systems. Performs preventive, corrective, or emergency work orders and respond to service calls while the plant is in operation, which may include off-shift periods and weekends. Corrective work may include replacing electrical or powered component, including multiple phase motors. Assists in the troubleshooting to better understand deviations from proper operation. Helps execute test protocols either independently or developed by Engineering and under their direction, depending on the complexity for the scope.
3. Maintains and ensures documentation, both written and electronic, is accurate, complete and factual as required by policies, procedures, and regulatory guidelines. Documents activities supporting maintenance best practices to ensure that continuous improvement activities have adequate and reliable data for analysis. Reviews and analyzes data collected by self or others in order to ensure proper documentation and adherence to procedures. Identifies abnormalities, trends, and/or predict future issues based on available data. Supports the development of job plans, certifications or other maintenance related procedures and methods based on detailed specifications, drawings, and other technical requirements and review and approve work orders. Reviews updated or modified SOP' s and job plans procedures developed by other Technicians or contractors.
4. Executes test protocols developed by self or others (Reliability and/or Engineers) in support of the qualification of new and existing equipment. Consults with Engineer/Reliability, vendor, or project manager on results and feedback. This may include support for Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) or Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) and related travel. Works independently or with Reliability and Engineers on projects and improvement initiatives to ensure equipment meets site standards. Reviews project designs and make recommendations. (Packaging & Filling experience is a plus)
5. Ensures equipment/system documentation requirements are completely and properly documented in the Enterprise Asset Management System (EAM). Supports development of training material and provides training to other technicians or contractors in maintenance concepts and procedures. May develop and deliver advanced troubleshooting training for on-site equipment to other technicians.
6. Reviews and provides final approval (closing) on technician work orders. Develops or guides the development of metrics and information to be used in root cause analysis (RCA) meetings. Actively participates in and RCA meetings to identify and resolve calibration and equipment issues on a real time basis and improve business performance.
- Strong pharmaceutical packaging or fill/finish experience is preferred.
- Understanding of equipment start-up and project support.
- Working knowledge of schematics, P&ID drawings, and ISA symbols & numbering.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively maintain, troubleshoot and repair mechanical systems and equipment
- Requires a strong electrical, mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, detail orientation and the ability to work independently or within a team environment.
- Ability and willingness to maintain accurate records.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply all relevant Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures and other regulatory requirements.
- Attention to detail, safety, quality and customer requirements.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal motivation and initiative.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible with daily work assignment changes as well as a continuously improving work environment.
- Ability to make decisions within the scope of operating policies and procedures.
High School Diploma or GED
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.