Staff Controls Engineer
San Angelo, TX
The Staff Controls Engineer
• Plan, conduct and direct engineering projects or studies, including complete projects requiring advanced knowledge of a specialized field.
• Apply comprehensive and diverse knowledge of engineering principles and practices within broad assignment areas.
• Coordinate and direct activities of technical support staff (salary and wage) and will support the technical development of technical staff.
• Track and trend data, identify and implement process improvements to improve business measures.
• Investigate product inquiries, develop and implement appropriate corrective actions.
• Provide Subject Matter Expertise and Platform Ownership on multiple equipment types and technologies, including equipment reliability.
• Analyzes data and complex situations involving the evaluation of tangible and identifiable variables to arrive at creative and effective solutions.
• Exercises independent judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results on new assignments.
• May provide guidance and work direction to lower level engineers
• Lead software and automation activities on many high complexity and integrated automated packaging lines utilizing PLC program/software (Siemens, Elau, AB, etc) to debug line performance, uptime and other equipment failure issues.
• He or She will work as part of a cross functional team in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement automation and controls initiatives.
• The scope of work will also involve working on Capital Equipment projects including installation, debug and optimization efforts.
• Adopt responsibility for the project management of controls systems, integration and software based projects across a cross-functional multidiscipline team environment.
• Monitor and analyze opportunities for the development of new or improved tools for process improvement activities.
• A minimum of a Bachelor' s degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline is required.
• A minimum of six (6+) years’ experience in manufacturing/design engineering is required.
• Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) (i.e. programming, writing code, etc.) is required.
• Experience with either vision systems, printing systems, robotics or automated packaging machines is required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required.
• Experience with automated packaging equipment is required.
• Knowledge of FDA, ISO and/or GMP regulatory requirements is required.
• The ability to collaborate with all levels of management in a cross-functional team environment is required.
• Project management experience is required.
• Position requires excellent communication skills plus the ability to function in a team based manufacturing environment.
• Must demonstrate a mastery of the analytical skills and professional judgment required to resolve major technical issues.
• Must have the ability to function in a team based manufacturing environment.
• Must be capable of making effective management level presentations, writing formal reports dealing with both technical and business implications, and preparing project plans while identifying and understanding the interrelationships of related disciplines and key activities.
• This position is located in San Angelo, TX and may require up to 10% travel (domestic and international).
• A Master' s degree or PhD in Engineering preferred.
• Medical Device, Consumer or Pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred.
• Experience with Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) is preferred.
• Knowledge of BSI (European) regulatory requirements preferred.
• Experience in Process Excellence/Six Sigma is preferred.
• Process Excellence/Six Sigma (Green or Black Belt) Certification is preferred.