Testing / Quality Assurance Analyst - I
13100 Columbia Pike Silver Spring, MD 20904
Develops and maintains test scenarios and end user test scripts to verify new functionality performs as designed and meets customer needs - Thoroughly tests software to ensure proper operations, documents all problems and works to resolve them - Responsible for ensuring software releases and documentation meet requirements, are installed correctly, and executed with quality - Responsible for creating and executing regression testing, test plans, and performing the builds of applications - Assembles and build software project plans - Communicate with customers (internal and external) regarding installation issues and software defects - Perform quality assurance testing for applications
User Acceptance Tester (System Specialist: IT Quality Assurance)
- Providing UAT support by understanding business requirements documents for a portal integration and migration project for VBG. Works with other team members performing UAT. Must be able to write and execute test cases and test plans!
- Develops and implements quality assurance standards, processes, and controls pertinent to functionality, CPNI (Customer Proprietary Network Information) for specific Enterprise Web Portals and Mobile Applications.
- Develops methods for inspection and testing. Responsibilities also includes ability to attend meetings, document information obtained during the meetings, identify, communicate and track action items and ultimately make sure all commitments are met in a timely manner.
- Understands and can create user stories and requirements to identify functional impacts, summarizes statuses and evaluates production capabilities and recommends improvements
- Assists in developing and defining quality assurance policies and procedures for assigned portal migrations
- Works with cross functional team to Identify gaps in existing & new project related functionality and takes ownership of defining new test cases
- Works with the development team to have any issues fixed.
- Works with the help desk, legal and other teams to identify if there is any fall out and open tickets.
- At least 5 to 7 years experience as a User Acceptance Tester, Business Analyst or Operations Analyst on large and complex projects
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal with a strong background of organizational skills and attention to details.
- Experienced and well versed with all phases of the software development life cycle
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
Ability to work in an agile, deadline-driven environment and handle multiple priorities in an efficient manner
- Self-starter with great analytical, qualitative, quantitative and problem solving skills, with the ability to make well thought out decision.
- Experienced and well versed with all phases of the software development life cycle, most importantly - USER TESTING
- Must be skilled in understanding user stories, business and system requirements.
- High level of competence with MS Office, including advanced Excel skills
- High level of competence with BPMN (Business Process Model & Notation), MS Office, including advance Excel skills
- Telecomm experience a huge plus
Bachelors Degree with strong academic performance, advanced degree preferred.
- At least 3 to 5 years experience as a User Acceptance Tester, Quality Assurance Analyst or Operations Analyst on large and complex projects
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal with a strong background of organizational skills and attention to detail.
Standard 8 hour day Monday thru Friday, Hours to be determined by supervisor.
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.